O&P Visa​

Foreign nationals who have demonstrated extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics (or extraordinary achievement in the fields of film or television), proven by sustained national or international acclaim or receipt of internationally recognized awards, may be issued an O visa to temporarily enter the United States in order to work in their area of expertise.

An individual who has the critical skills and experience necessary to assist in the artistic or athletic performance of an O visa holder for a specific event, and is an integral part of the actual performance, may also be issued an O visa. Furthermore, a dependent spouse or child of an O visa holder may also be issued an O visa.

The P nonimmigrant visa is available to foreign entertainment groups, athletes, or entertainers who wish to enter the United States temporarily to perform under a reciprocal exchange program or a culturally unique program.